This information is intended to be used by those that have a calendar login.
Adding an Event
- Log in by clicking the “Login to administer Westford’s Community Calendar” link at the bottom of the calendar page and enter your login information. If you forgot your password, click the Lost Password link.
- Mouse over “Events” at the top of the page and select Add New.
- Add your information for the event
- Top line: Add the event title
- Next edit block:Enter your event details
Optional: To add an image or document, click the Add Media and either Upload an image or document or reuse an image or document that was previously uploaded to the Media Library. Depending on your browser settings, you might be able to paste an image into that section.
- Time & Date: Set the date and time in this area. Double check AM and PM settings! For recurring events, enter only the first event occurrence in the Start/End field so that the end date is the date of the first occurrence and not the last date of the series. Then click Schedule Multiple Events. Select the appropriate reoccurrence option. If you need to exclude any dates from your series for weekends or holidays, click the Add Exclusion button and select the dates for the exclusion.
- Location: Many Westford venues have been pre entered into the calendar system. Click the pull down menu (labeled as "Create of Find a Venue") to see if your venue is listed. Typing a few letters of the venue name into the text box should bring up your venue. If not, you may create a new venue here.
- Organizer: Select the organization that is sponsoring this event. Click the pull down menu (labeled as "Create or Find an Organizer") to see if your organization is listed. Typing a few letters of the organization name into the text box should bring up your organization. If the organization doesn’t appear in the pull down menu, you may create the sponsor's details.
- Event Website: If you have a web site or web page that promotes this event, add that web address here.
- Event Cost: If you would like to list an admission cost, enter a $ for Currency Symbol, then enter the cost. Leave blank if you don't want to list a cost or if the event is free. Note: If you have multi level pricing, it might be best to list that cost information in the event details area (second edit block at the top).
- Ignore the section under Additional Functionality.
- Excerpt: The Westford Web Calendar posts events to Twitter around 6am on the day of the event. The information entered here will replace the content of the Event Details block at the top of the page in the Twitter feed. Twitter Title and Excerpt are limited to 280 characters or 100 characters if you have a website listed in Event Website above. (Example: On the calendar you can list all details on the event. In the Excerpt, you would probably want to list the location, costs (if any) and a high level summary of the event.)
- Custom Field Not used
- Discussion Leave unchecked
- Author: By default, the user that is logged in will be listed as the owner of this listing. Don't change that or you may not be able to edit/delete your event if you need to make changes to the event.
4. Publish: Scroll up and click the Publish button on the right to publish the event. Your event is now listed on the Calendar.
Edit or Delete an event.
- Log in, mouse over Events at the top of the page and select Edit Events.
- Mouse over title and select either Edit or Delete.
- If deleting, the event will be moved to the Trash.